We’ve been back to one of our very favourites, 47 on Grant, a number of times now and we’ll keep going back. Enter this lovely, cosy restaurant through an unassuming door on Norwood’s busy Grant Avenue, and you’ll never look back.
New, updated menu
Lovely teas, great Turkish coffee, mocktails for days (the restaurant is strictly Halaal) …but oh, the food! I do so enjoy dining there and though I really should try more of the dishes, I often stick to my very favourites, the Corba soup and the Cag kebab. I’ve heard recently from Nadia, the gracious owner, that they now take pre-orders for a lovely whole fish dish that I simply *have* to go try. This is some new hotness that sounds amazing.
What can I say… I was there again recently, on a lovely sunny Winter’s day and I took a few more photos. This time, I had some dessert too. Though I don’t have a sweet tooth and try very hard to stay away from sugar, I couldn’t resist trying the baklava. It is divine! Moist but not ridiculously syrupy, properly nutty and just the perfectly sized bite. Transported!
Corba Soup, #JFWRecommends
So, my suggestions to you are as follows:
- Definitely try 47 on Grant if you haven’t yet;
- Go on the weekend so you can have Cag Kebab;
- No BYO or corkage. They are strictly Halaal but you can have some fantastic mocktails;
- Pre-order their new menu item, Grilled Silverfish, whole, served with grilled veggies, rice and dill aioli;
- Ask Nadia to select your side salads for you as she’ll pick the best accompaniments for your main.
Tall, Dark & Handsome’s choice of Peri-Peri Chicken
Too much in love with the Cag Kebab to order anything else
Cag Kebab, #JFWRecommends
My best, Turkish Coffee